Going green is great for the environment, but that's not the only benefit. When you make green upgrades in your home, it can also lead to some major savings.
1. Solar panels: The upfront cost is big, but the long-term savings are huge. Solar panels will cost several thousand dollars to install, but ongoing maintenance costs are very low, and a typical system could save you hundreds of dollars per year. You can even sell your surplus electricity.
2. Wood furnace: Wood-burning furnaces are relatively inexpensive, and though the yearly savings aren't as dramatic (about 10% on heating bills), it adds up over the long run.
3. Insulation: There's a good chance your insulation isn't very efficient, especially in older homes. Look into installing floor, cavity, wall, and loft insulation to reduce your heating bills.
4. Rain barrels: Rain barrels are extremely inexpensive, and provide gallons of free water to use when you wash your car or water your garden.
5. Geothermal system: OK, so the price tag is scary at first. A geothermal system uses the earth's temperature to heat and cool your home, but can cost $30,000 to install. But tax credits allow you to get a lot of that money back, and the energy savings average about $1,900 per year. If you plan to be in your home for a decade or two, it's a great investment.
Author:Chris Soignier Phone: 817-480-9514 Dated: March 2nd 2017 Views: 1,405 About Chris: Serving clients in Northeast Tarrant County and surrounding areas, I'm also an active real estate in...
Trust eXp Realty and our team of real estate agents to help you find homes for sale or to sell your current home. We recognize the level of service that the mobile consumer demands. You have information. You have dreams. We possess experience, integrity, and innovation. Together we create leverage to make your dreams a reality.
1. The market conditions have changed. It is a SELLERS market! 2.
"Tom is a wonderful agent. The first time we used him we were relocating to the area and had no time to fly in to house hunt. His response to our inquiries was very timely, professional and courteous. He went to great lengths to line up houses and then we would walk through the homes with him via Skype. He always went the extra mile. A great pleasure to work with.
Tom was an absolute delight to work with. Both personal and professional he helped me sell a property that had been listed several times with no success. I would definitely recommend his service."