Some are attempting to compare the current housing market to the market leading up to the “boom and bust” that we experienced a decade ago. They look at price appreciation and conclude
Fall Home Maintenance Tips
It may not feel like fall yet here in Texas, but fall will be quickly making its way to us. That’s why now is the perfect time to prepare your home. Most of our home maintenance tasks are fairly easy to perform yourself, while others are best left to the professionals.
Let's start with the fairly easy tasks first.
1. Batteries. Change the batteries in your smoke detectors.
2. Check windows and doors for drafts. You’ll want to keep your home warm and cozy in the fall and winter, so don’t let the heat get lost through gaps in the windows and doors. Go into each room and caulk or weatherstrip any drafts that you find!
3. Store seasonal outdoor furniture. Let’s face it, you’re not going to be using your sun lounger in the depths of winter so put it away until the spring. If you leave your patio furniture outside, they may become shrapnel in a windstorm. Store them in your garage or storage unit instead!
4. Reverse Ceiling Fans. Change the direction of your ceiling fans to create an upward draft that redistributes warm air from the ceiling.
5. Get out the ladder. Once again, it’s time to clean out the gutters. Wait until the leaves have fallen, then clean and flush the gutters and downspouts. Check the joints for leaks and tighten mounting brackets. If you need to replace gutters, consider those with built-in leaf guards.
6. Get out the caulk gun. Check caulking around showers, bathtubs, sinks and toilet bases; and make repairs as needed.
7. Clothes dryer. Clean the clothes dryer exhaust duct and space under the dryer. Remove all lint, dust, and pieces of material.
8. Fire safety. Keep a multi-purpose fire extinguisher accessible, filled and ready for operation.
9. Leaky Faucets? Before the temperatures start to dip, examine leaky faucets in the kitchen, bathrooms, and utility locations. The time and money spent now to fix them will be less than a broken pipe in the dead of winter!
10. Call the professionals. Hire experts to check your heating system, chimney, and water heater before you start using them every day!
Learn more at www.luxepropertiesgroup.com
With over twenty years of real estate experience, Ranesa Bodine has facilitated real estate transactions in many of DFW's most elite communities. Her vast experience also includes specialized training....